The Current Selection procedure for International squads is as below:
1. Without exception Players must be Registered and fully paid up affiliated members of the Welsh Hockey Union.
2. Members from outside Wales must register as a Dragons Masters Member and pay their affiliation to the Dragons Masters who on behalf of the WHU oversee the affiliation process for Masters players.
3. Current democratically voted in Captains appoint their age group Vice Captain and Manager who make up the selection committee for that age group squad.
4. Captains and Managers, prior to appointment, must be vetted by the WHU.
5. Selection for international matches take place after a series of trial games held before each international. Player selection is made from current Welsh Masters international players and those who have been seen and selected at trials games. Selection is made by the age group selection committee.
6. Selection for each international game or tournament must be made and players advised of their squad selection at the earliest possible time so that travelling and accommodation arrangements can be made. However selection must be made, squad members advised, the squad published on the Masters website and the squad list given to the WHU no less than one calendar month before the event.
Should Event organisers request a list of squad members this list must be given at the requested time, on some occasions this may mean an earlier selection.